W.T. Grant Travel Awards for Students of Color
Through the generosity of the William T. Grant Foundation, we will award ten $1000 travel grants to graduate students of color who are currently enrolled in PhD programs in American universities so that they can attend the 2019 Summer RC28 Meeting at Princeton University. The award is intended for students who are interested in the topic of social inequality and who may be interested in pursuing research on social inequality during their Ph.D. studies. We expect most of the applicants will be enrolled in Ph.D. programs in sociology, but we welcome applications from graduate students who are interested in inequality research from the other social science disciplines as well. We will require that applicants have an undergraduate degree from an American college or university to be eligible to apply for one of these awards.
Applicant qualifications must include the following:
- Current enrollment in a PhD program in the social sciences at an American university
- Undergraduate degree from an American college or university
- Interest in the topic of social inequality
The application must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Essay (an essay of about 500 words that describes the applicant’s interest in inequality research)
- Brief Recommendation (please submit name and email address of your referee; we will be responsible for obtaining the recommendation)
Application deadline is May 31, 2019, 11:59 EST.